Sunday, December 8, 2013

Colors by Llarowe Haul :)

First note, I got my camera! :) But I am still figuring out how to use it, how to take photos of nail polish, and even more importantly, I am still figuring out how to make these photos what my readers need. So bare with me, and I welcome constructive feedback to help me make these better for you guys. Now onto what you came here for, the polish.

(L to R: Behead the Drama Queen, Days of Our Polish, The Man in the Red Suit, Woman from Tokyo, Moonshine, and All Bidness.)

I recently order several Colors by Llarowe during her restock and bought a few from swap sites. This was my weekly nail mail! Gorgeous shades and absolutely perfect polish from Leah Ann. 

First up, Behead the Drama Queen. This color shifts a bit, and I am not sure it is because of the shimmer of if it supposed to. But the base color is a deep teal, almost mermaid like, with green microshimmer. The following photos are two coats of BTDQ with one coat of my Pro FX top coat.



I felt the quality of this one was really nice, but I was surprised with this unusual black bumps. I didn't take a photo of this, and I do regret doing so as I am mentioning this. It didn't show up in anything but my macro attempts, that for now are put on hold.

Next up, All Bidness which I would consider a black holo with gold flecks. The flecks were impossible to capture but are seen very well in person on the nail and in the bottle. You can see them on the bottom of the bottle in the following shot. 
 

Now I did do two coats of All Bidness and a single coat of top coat, but I definitely could have gotten away with a single coat on this one. I just wanted to get complete color intensity for photo purposes.


(Swoons, look at that holo!)

I got this one, Days of Our Polish, in a swap group because I missed out on it during the restock and regretted it. This was something that Leah Ann created with Behead the Drama Queen, I believe. This may be my favorite out of the group. It's extremely gorgeous and holographic. It's a light teal with ultra holo. I took an excess of photos for this shade and couldn't bring it down to 2-3, so photo heavy post. ;) The following photos were two coats of Days of Our Polish and a single coat of top coat.



This isn't showing my nails extremely well, but that bottle shot! Oh my I couldn't pass on showing you guys this one!


Moonshine, well let me explain this one. This would not have been something I would have gone after. I am very set on holographic polish being my thing, but my boyfriend picked this one and even paid for it. I am so impressed that he picked something that I wouldn't have chosen for myself but ended up completely loving. Out of all these shades, this was a complete pain to capture. I tried doing it a mild form of justice, and I apologize for not being able to do that 100%. This is a jelly maroon shade with several shades of shimmer. I believe it's a part of the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star family. (I will review that one soon.)
This is two coats of Moonshine and 2 coats of top coat, it was somewhat textured. Two coats evened that out. 


This photo was probably the best shot I got, and the entire rest of the photo was out of focus besides this nail. You can see the pink and silver shimmer, but I saw a hint of purple as well that I couldn't capture. Sorry. :'(


Man in the Red Suit is a red holo that in either lighting is very orange OR pink leaning. Unusual right? I tried my best to capture both versions it displays. I think I own all of CbLs "red" holos. I have a problem. The following is two coats with a single coat of top coat. 



(Pink leaning)


(Orange leaning)

(Perfect red!!!)

Woman of Tokyo, aka the one I was MOST excited for, is a gorgeeeeeouuuss dark purple holographic shade. I am completely in love with this color. Words cannot describe this, so let's move on. Two coats of WoT and one coat of top coat. Easily could have gotten away with one coat. :D



Absolutely swoons.

Now onto the fun part, which was your favorite shade I swatched?
Did you guys get anything in the restock? If so, what was your #1? 

Links? Absolutely!
Colors by Llarowe can be purchased from Llarowe's website through this link: here!
Holographic polishes are usually $12 for 12ml bottle of polish. Perfect ratio, right? :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment